Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WOMAN IN SPAIN OFFICIALLY OWNS THE SUN

SPANISH WOMAN CLAIMS THE SUN
IS NOW LEGALLY HER PROPERTY
MADRID - A 49-year-old woman from Galicia has laid claim to the most important star in our solar system and plans to charge for its use. For the first time in five thousand million years, the Sun has an owner and it is a 49-year-old Spanish woman from Salvaterra de Miño in the northwest region of Galicia. The idea of owning the sun might be absurd but it actually occurred to Angeles Duran who registered herself as the owner of the sun and she has documents to prove it. Angeles Duran got the idea when she read about an American man who had registered himself as the owner of the moon and most planets in our solar system. Ms Duran said she knows the law: “I am not stupid ... There is an international agreement which states that no country may claim ownership of a planet or star but it says nothing about individuals. I did it but anyone else could have done it. It simply occurred to me first,” she argued.

The document issued by the notary public declares Angeles Duran to be the owner of the Sun, “a star of spectral type G2, located in the centre of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometers,” and plans to tax everyone for using her “property.” But, she’s a gracious owner, and won’t take all of the money for herself. She’s going to disburse it, giving 10 percent to fight world hunger, another 10 percent to general research, Spain’s government will get half of the money and she will keep the remaining 10 per cent herself.


This Spanish woman has officially registered her ownership of the sun. Apparently, she wants to put a fee on “everyone who uses the sun”, allocate 90% of income to several destinations and keep the remaining 10% itself. Krishna has an external energy (this material world) and an internal energy (the spiritual world), and He also has a marginal energy (the living entity), which can remain in the material world or in the spiritual world. Being part of God, we may use His creation as a child uses his father's properties, and thank Him for everything. And if we have to pay for using the Sun, we are going to pay to the Supreme Lord, who is the real owner, and not to this lady.


WHAT DO THE VEDIC TEACHINGS TELL US?
We are indebted to many people and to the demigods who give heat and light. Although we are not paying the bill, we are taking advantage of the sunlight and the sun’s heat. If we take advantage of electricity, we have to pay the bill, but we don't pay the sun bill. This means that we are actually indebted to the sun-god, Vivasvān. Similarly, the King of heaven, Indra, is supplying water in the form of rain. Rascals say that all this comes about by nature, but they do not know that nature is controlled. If we don’t pay our debts by performing sacrifices, there will certainly be a scarcity. All of these things are coming from the Supreme Father, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but we are thinking that they are coming from nature, and we are utilizing them without caring whether we pay the bill or not. It is all right to use our father’s property, but at the present moment we are not acting as our Father’s sons; we are māyā’s sons. We do not care for our Father; however, nature is nonetheless working under His direction.


Śrīla A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda :
"Teachings of Lord Kapila, the Son of Devahūti"
Chapter 6: "Devahūti Desires Transcendental Knowledge"
Bhaktivedanta VedaBase

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i would like to see how she plans on collecting her tax, stupid idea.

Anonymous said...

this lady is crazy should be admitted in a mental hospital.... crazy b ...

Anonymous said...

Ok. Everyone shoot here before she owns the atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

whahaha what a stupid human! i own darkness and not claiming anything for it out of 800billion years, what if i charge all of the universe? wahahahah!

Anonymous said...

OBVIOUSLY SHE JUST WANT TO BE RICH. A PSYCHO OLDY

dasavatara das said...

It's true what you say, you have a great sense of humor. No one really owns anything. We just have borrowed some things during our time of life, things that in fact belong only to God.

Anonymous said...

I never thought I'd read something as idiotic as this..